Monday, March 16, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I have always loved that each leaf of the shamrock is shaped like a heart. I remember being taught to draw a four-leaf clover in elementary school, drawing four connecting hearts with a stem. They grew like crazy on and near the playgrounds, and my friends and I would frequently search for the lucky four-leaf version.

When I was in third or fourth grade, my friend Hillary and I decided to go leprachaun hunting on St. Patrick's Day. We each carried a Trader Joe's shopping bag and wandered around the neighborhood looking in bushes and behind trees. We were determined to find one, bag him up, and force him to hand over his pot of gold.

May your blessings outnumber
The shamrocks that grow,
And may trouble avoid you
Wherever you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...