Wednesday, August 31, 2011
Tuesday, August 30, 2011
Sunday, August 28, 2011
It was a great day and exactly the getaway I needed. And after living so close all my life I'm surprised I have never been to this part of L.A. The pier and Muscle Beach sure were a sight to see! I will post pictures from the trip when I'm back home but for now, (as I type on my phone from the hotel) here are the simple pleasures I enjoyed today:
-Eating a hot dog and churro for lunch
-Taking photos of everything, and having a boyfriend who patiently waits as I do so
-Being completely touristy
-Getting a major kick out of people watching
-Poking Brent every 10 minutes saying "isn't this so fun!....this is so fun!...aren't you having fun??" ha :)
-Making up pretend stories of the people living in the enormous Beverly Hills houses
-Seeing endless teeny tiny dogs
-Passing by "Chelsea Blvd"!!!
-Only driving 1.5 hours to be on a vacation
-Having complimentary cookies delivered to our hotel room
-Passing by "Chelsea Avenue"!!!!
Saturday, August 27, 2011
Friday, August 26, 2011
Thursday, August 25, 2011
Wednesday, August 24, 2011
Tuesday, August 23, 2011
Monday, August 22, 2011
Monday, August 15, 2011
Saturday, August 13, 2011
After a restless night of about 4 hours of sleep, I got up at 6 AM, went to an all day 8:30-4:30 photography workshop in Huntington Beach, then met Brent at 4:45 and we drove up to the Orange County fair, and it is now 9:30 PM, just got home, and I feel like my feet, ankles, knees and back are all going to break off my body. Ahh did you like that nice run-on sentence? That's pretty much how my day felt. But in a wonderful kind of way!!!
My simple pleasures from today:
• Winning a raffle drawing for a flash diffuser at the workshop.. I never win stuff!
• Having a photography concept that always stumped me finally click (pun intended)
• Having a beginner photographer ask me for help
• Seeing a beautiful dragonfly float right in front of me
• Finding a desperately needed seat after too much walking
• Silliness in a photo booth picture
• Watching a pie eating contest
• Sensory overload at the fair
• Indulging in ridiculous fried food
• Pajamas + ice pack + couch
It was long day but really wonderful. Tell me...what little, simple joys filled your Saturday?