Sunday, September 19, 2010

Mini Vacation

Last week I was at my mom's house in Fallbrook for a few days. It was my mom's turn to host Bunco - the group she has been in for 16 years - and I was a sub. We made dinner and I made homemade lemon cupcakes.

My mom and Doug went to work the following day and I awoke to the sound of Boone meowing, followed by a crash in the kitchen. I didn't see anything that had fallen, but saw Boone looking up at the window. There was a hummingbird on the inside of the windowsill clutching to the metal of the window and breathing hard. I started to freak out, worried I would have to put this thing out of its misery because I was sure it was dying. Frantically texting with Brent and trying to call my mom, the decision was made to take it outside. I pulled him off the window and into a glass and walked down the street to let it go. Once I let it go, he flew away fine, so I am crossing my fingers it was not injured too bad.
Phew, that was a relief, poor little buddy. Now I could relax. NOPE! Walk outside and Boone is carrying a lizard in his mouth! So I had to save that as well. And just to continue the morning's events, I pulled a struggling bee out of the pool.
I love staying at their house because it is like being on vacation. They transformed their backyard into paradise, with a gorgeous pool, a waterfall down the hill, and tropical plants and flowers everywhere. Not to mention the entertainment value of the pets! It is also so much fun to hunt for photo opportunities. A little taste of what I saw...

3 comments:

  1. These pictures are fabulous! LOVE that dog!!! He looks so cuddly. And that backyard is a.m.a.z.i.n.g.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chels! These pictures are absolutely amazing! I cannot believe your camera, which is the same camera as mine, can take these! I really need to start learning how to use mine better! The bees are incredible. And the webs - glorious. Leave it to your to take a picture of the humming bird at a time like that - awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha yeah, I felt so bad taking the picture, but I was like, I am going to regret it if I don't! I think it could have come out way better, especially since the feathers were soo beautiful, but I just shot it as quickly as I could, then took him out to safety!! And kim...The dogs are all soo sweet! From top to bottom there is Clyde, then Bonnie, then Gus, and Tucker is not pictured.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...