Monday, February 14, 2011

♥ Happy Valentine's Day! ♥

There are many reasons I love Valentine's Day. For one, it brings back fun memories of giving and receiving valentines in elementary school...the excitement of carefully picking them out at the store, distributing into everyone's homemade holders, and gleefully reading each one as I stuffed my face with candy.
Another reason I love Valentine's Day, I can't get enough of all the hearts, the reds, pinks & purples, the sappy cards and of course the surplus of chocolate and candy. And I love walking around the downtown shopping area and seeing all the store windows decorated.

But my very favorite part of the holiday is the opportunity to express my love for those who mean the world to me. While romance is a big part of the day, I like to think of it as a day for love of any kind...shared between parents and kids, significant others, pets and owners, siblings, friends...
This year I spread the love by sending out homemade valentines and chocolates.
I hope that above all else, you were able to spend time with those who you love!
Happy Valentine's Day! ♥ ♥

1 comment:

  1. So cute! And I agree! Love of any kind is great. I mailed you a card today! Not for V-day, but a "just because card". :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...