Thursday, September 8, 2011

Picture Summer Day 17 & 18

Day 17: Visual Interest
We have had really tropical weather lately, so different from the normal end of summer weather. We spent a nice weekend at my mom's house and while we were sitting out at the pool in the warm sun and blue skies, a dark cloud rolled in, poured rain for 10 minutes then rolled away revealing blue skies again. It was so weird! We were all in  our bathing suits, huddle under the little cabana like little kids in awe of the rain.

Day 18: Playtime
I have a wonderful memory of flying a kite with my dad not long after I was sick. I was so bored of being cooped up in the house, and he had the idea of going to the kite store in town, picking out a kite and going to the beach. We finally chose one, can't really remember the shape but thinking a butterfly? We walked down the street and had such a fun time laughing & playing at the beach. This kite was down at the Santa Monica pier and for some reason it made me think of that day with my dad.

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful, heartfelt blog post. Love coming over here to visit your blog each day!

    Blessings...
    xoxo Gert

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...