Thursday, July 22, 2010

Some More S'mores

S'mores. Crunchy. Gooey. Chocolatey. Melty. A sweet messy overload of yumminess. To me, there is nothing like s'mores to evoke the feelings of childhood. Family camping trips, Indian Princess campouts, and bonfires. Demolishing one after another after another until the parental cutoff. Looking down at the campfire, and up at the stars, left with a sick but content belly, sticky fingers and a big sticky smile.
After weeks of cravings, Brent and I finally made it happen. We stationed two camping chairs on his tiny patio in front of our makeshift campfire-the barbecue-and geared up. Overcome with a familiar childlike giddiness, I roasted my perfect marshmallow-golden brown exterior and gooey interior, finished with a kiss of flames for a quickly charred outer shell.
Graham cracker-check. Hershey's chocolate-check. Perfect mallow-check. Three little ingredients forming such a gigantically blissful creation. I held the treat like edible treasure, and we sat back savoring each and every bite. I will say it again...Crunchy. Gooey. Sweet. Chocolatey. Melty. Messy. Gooooood.

For the second round, Brent one-upped it, and added peanut butter to the mix. Imagine s'more meets Reese's. Even the annoying June bugs (or should I say July bugs? They seem confused) flying into us and the walls couldn't put a damper on our s'more making. Sweets with my sweet. What could be better?

♥Yay for summer!♥

1 comment:

  1. Amazing!!! S'mores are one of my all time favorite treats too! Whenever I think of them I remember s'mores at the beach... feet in the sand, towel around you. I'm sure you have similar memories Chels.

    So, I don't know if they have them yet, but every late summer to fall trader joes comes out with Vanilla marshmallows. Have you ever tried them??? Coby says they are amazing. I bet they would be the perfect addition to some autumns S'more making!

    <3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...