Thursday, September 30, 2010

Fickle Fall

Dear 2010,
You seem to be a confused year. You brought a summer absent of heat and sun, filled instead with gloomy weather and June bugs who stayed through July.
And now, Fall seems to be suffering from an identity crises. Just days after the first of Fall, we were hit with a heat wave. A heat wave that brought very un-fall-like weather. On Monday I had swim, and it was 106 in Irvine. Once at home, I was welcomed by 110 degrees! No that is not a typo...you can see in the photo I took as proof.
The rest of the week cooled down a bit but was still very very warm. Today brought dark greyish-purple sky, still in the 80s, and very muggy. But looking around, there are signs of Autumn, especially in the trees. Leaves are changing color, and trees looking more bare.
Last night ended in a beautiful sunset...
But I am missing that cool, crisp weather I associate with the season. I know it is barely even Fall and I am probably just impatient. But what's it going to be? Maybe we need a Punxsutawney Phil for the transition from Summer into Fall to let is know if it is for real!

1 comment:

  1. Oooh I like that picture of the branch, what kinda plant is that? Neat-o

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...