Makes: 24 servings
Prep: 12 minutes
Bake: at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes
1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
1 cup pecan halves, chopped
1/2 cup biscuit baking mix
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
3 1/2 cups biscuit baking mix
1 cup packed light-brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
4 large eggs
1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan** with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Prepare streusel: In medium size bowl, combine coconut, pecans, baking mix and light brown sugar. With a fork, stir in melted butter until mixture is evenly moistened; set aside.
3. Meanwhile, prepare cake: In large bowl, combine baking mix, light brown sugar, granulated sugar, butter, eggs, pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice. With mixer on low speed, beat 30 seconds, scraping down sides of bowl, until blended. Beat on medium speed 3 minutes.
4. Evenly spread cake batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle streusel evenly over cake.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick insterted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
6. Cut into twenty-four 2 1/2-inch squares; dust top with confectioners' sugar just before serving.
**NOTE: I do not own a jelly-roll pan, so I use a 13 x 9 glass baking dish. This makes the cake thicker, and needs to be baked for approximately 45 minutes. If baking it this way, just check on it with toothpick.
This snack cake is simple to make, and good as dessert, or in the morning with a cup of tea or coffee. Enjoy!!