Saturday, December 18, 2010

Overflowing

{Picture the Holidays - Day 7: Express Yourself}
How are you feeling today? What is your body saying? Your mind?
Now interpret those feelings into a photo.
Overflowing. I saw this fountain and it perfectly encapsulated my feelings. Overflowing with thoughts, ideas, creativity, and things to do!

{Reverb 10 - Day 7: Community}
Where have you discovered community, online or otherwise in 2010?

I have found an incredible community through Shutter Sisters, an online community of women who share my love and passion for photographer. There are daily postings of inspiring photos and words, and encourages creativity, trying new photographic tricks and new ways of approaching a photo. I bought their book, an extension of what is shared on their blog, and they also led to me to find Project 365 - taking photos every day for one year. Everyone I have met has been so friendly, helpful and really given me that feeling of community. It led me to find Tracey Clark's online photo classes Picture Fall and Picture the Holidays. Stumbling upon this community is what reignited the flame for my love of photography, and really encouraged me to practice daily. I can truly say it has enriched my life, and I will continue involving myself in this community as we enter 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...