Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Kiss Your Life

"Kiss your life. Accept it, just as it is. Today. Now. So that those moments of happiness you're waiting for do not pass you by."
Some days I feel that something as simple as "love your life" can slip away from me. It is so easy to get bogged down by life's stressors and get frustrated with the way life is. But I have to remind myself that tougher parts are what help make up the whole. When I was going through treatment for cancer, I had to take it one day at a time because there was no way of knowing what the next day would hold. And while that time in my life seemed impossible and unfair at the time, it is now part of my identity. Even if I have to do so daily, I need to remind myself to take the bad with the good, and accept the way life is right NOW. I don't want to get stuck feeling sorry for myself about the negative, and run the risk of missing out on the good moments and happiness.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...