Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Reframing

{Picture the Holidays - Day 2: Reframing the Season}
The frenzy of the season can often get the best of us, use a literal frame to capture a certain state of mind.
Reminding myself to simply put one foot in front of the other.

{Reverb 10 - Day 2: Writing}
What do you do each day that doesn't contribute to your writing? And can you eliminate it?

I love to write. The expression "a photo is worth a thousand words" is true in many ways, yes...often times a photo needs nothing but itself to tell a story or coerce emotion from the viewer. But I often enjoy the way words can compliment a photo and vice-versa. I have always been able to express myself better through writing over speaking, and I love the feeling of the flow of thoughts as they move from my mind onto the page. Pen & paper or tap-tap-tapping on the computer keys, it doesn't matter. I would love to write down every thought, the ways I occupy my time, and a book of my life story. But things get in the way. To-do lists, appointments, feelings of exhaustion or lack of motivation. Days and events that seem so huge and important at the time can easily be forgotten as the weeks so quickly slip away. Using writing to forever document these moments and my feelings are important in remember the journey of my life. This has been a tough couple of years, but things will improve-they have to-and I will regain the state I wish my life to be in. But when I am there, it is important to remember the journey, how far I have come. I feel like I am building a brick wall. Layering my experience and my feelings on top of each other, adding the good and the bad, reinforcing the weak spots, and in the end, I will have a strong wall. I would not be who I am today without my past. I would not be as strong in facing my current medical issues had I never faced the diagnosis of cancer and the treatment that followed. Those days seemed near impossible at the time, as do some of my days during these past two years. But just as I overcame those challenges, I will also face the current roadblocks. I am using my writing as a way to remind myself of these, and to also remind myself there are many, many wonderful things and experiences now amongst the tough ones. My incredible family, the unfailing love of my boyfriend, the newfound passion and joy from my photography...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...